Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Dinner at Braai

We rarely do restaurant reviews here at the Tiniest Kitchen, but Sarah and I had such an amazing dinner last night I wanted to share.

I had never gone for South African food, so when Sar said she was making a reservation at Braai, a South African restaurant in Hell's Kitchen, I didn't know what to expect.

It was so tasty. Tasty tasty tasty.

A whole array of spices combined in ways I've never tasted before, really exciting flavors, and tender, juicy meats. These are things Chantel and Sarah like.

We ordered a lot of things that seemed familiar but the way they were prepared was totally surprising. The meatballs were a big winner for me, the meat was flavorful and the broth was spicy with thick pieces of pepper and tomato floating around. I was surprised at the spice level of this dish, which of course complimented my new obsession with spicy things...

The porkchops, as you can see, did not last on the platter for the picture. We were like two vultures attacking prey with those things.

I think Sarah's favorite was the calamari, I can't find the description for the dish online to explain how it was prepared, but it was outrageous. One of the less spicy dishes on our sampler, but grilled to perfection and soaked in a think buttery broth.

Go! Try the truffle coconut pap! Even if you don't know what it is!! Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment