Sunday, December 18, 2011

Prosecco & Berry Jam


Berries. So pretty. So yummy. So happy. Make them hot and juicy, add some bubbly Prosecco (not just for special occasions people!!), some sugar and you get JAM. Christmas present jam! 

Busy day today...I have a full on Christmas factory set up in our apartment and I'm heading to the Brooklyn Flea to complete my xmas shopping! I am determined. I need the shopping to be over. By the end of last night I was walking around Target just grabbing anything for gift wrapping that said $1.00. Anything. I have no idea how I ended up with so much crap!

Now I'm deep into the making of edible Christmas gifts. Jam. Truffles. Cookies. Cakes. Jam. On and on....Oh! And liquor! I got some amazing bowls and bottles and jars at Marshalls for giving gifts, I'll post pictures soon.

Jam on toast

First step...

 Later...

Yum yum jars!

 For you!

Prosecco & Berry Jam

You'll Need...
1 1/2 pint Blackberries
1 pint raspberries
4 cups sugar
750ml Prosecco

Put the berries in a large pot and heat them until they begin releasing their juices. Add the Prosecco and sugar and boil. This will take a while, the Prosecco will bubble a lot and you need to wait until the bubbles die down. Pour (carefully!) into hot sterilized jars. Seal and let set in a dark cool place, then store in the refrigerator. Give away!


1 comment:

  1. This is a great holiday gift. I bet the prosecco and berry jam is really fantastic! It's on my list for January let down gifts!

    ReplyDelete