Sunday, January 22, 2012

Puerto Rican Feast


Yea. That's an awesome piece of pork shoulder about to be slow cooked. You know you are jealous.

There is no better way for a house to smell then of garlic and spices and tender meat cooking over eight hours.

You disagree? 

I didn't think so.

PERNIL! PERNIL! Oh my god I love PERNIL!

Seriously, it's so good.

While in Michigan with Chako's family over the holidays, I wanted to cook a meal for his family. They are the loveliest and I always have such a relaxing and revitalizing time when I am there, I wanted to say thank you, in any small way I could. I decided to make dinner. 

I wanted to give them something new...figured PR food was the way to good! Not to mention Chako's been bugging me about never cooking rice & beans for him...he's so whiney!

So I made....






And then for dessert, returned to the basics...


Aw yea!

It was a lovely night! Good food, drink and amazing company!

Make this pork! It's easy. You do basically nothing. Then you eat heaven. Whoa.

Pernil (Slow Cooked Garlic Pork)

You'll Need...
4 lbs Pork shoulder/butt
6 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
4 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients (besides the pork) together. Rub the pork with your mixture. Either refrigerate over night (for optimal results!) or immediately place into a slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Pull apart with a fork and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment